The following text describes the possible communication options of the PROMOTIC system with PLC devices and IO modules by the
Communication via the AtouchX activeX object
This document amends the trade-technical information to the AMiT AtouchX
communication drivers. The complex information to the AtouchX
driver is provided by the AMiT
The communication with the AMiT
, etc.) can be carried out by methods:
- serial link RS232 or RS485
- Phone modem (up to 255 subscribers, AMiT HW can also dial telephone numbers)
- LAN network (Ethernet) - checked that it is 5-times quicker than over the RS485 with the 38400 Bd speed rate.
All 4 types of the connection are supported by only one AtouchX
communication driver that was developed by the AMiT
company. The AtouchX
is supplied as the ActiveX
The PROMOTIC system accesses the AtouchX
driver by the PmaActiveX
object. This object accesses calling the AtouchX
methods and captures its events.
- For easy integration of this driver into the application it is handy to use:
is available on the https://amitomation.cz
, where free
download is possible.
The usage of the PmaActiveX
object requires purchase of the "PmActiveX" licence
. With the freeware version PmFree
, or when developing the application (with development environment
for testing purposes), this component is always functional.
Communication with the IO modules by the AMiT company
For example the following modules: DMM-DI24
The remote I/O modules by the AMiT
company can be accessed from the PROMOTIC system by two ways:
- With the modules of the DMM-xx
line it is possible to communicate by the Modbus
. For this communication in the PROMOTIC system can be used:
- For this driver, it is recommended to set the configurators:
- "Data item address"
then enter as follows:
- The digital inputs (DI) usually start at address 0 and are in the area "Bi = Input bits".
- The digital outputs (DO) usually start at address 0 and are in the area "Bo = Coil/output bits".
- Analog inputs (AI) usually start at address 0 and are in the area "Ri = Input registers".
- The digital input counters usually start at address 0 and are in the area "Ro = Holding/output registers".
- For communication of the PROMOTIC application with the modules of the DMM-xx
line by the ARION
protocol the AMiT
company provides the ArionX
ActiveX object. This object can be used in the PROMOTIC system.
We strongly recommend using the communication by the Modbus
protocol, because the ArionX
activeX object interface is quite comlicated.