The following text describes the possible communication options of the PROMOTIC system with the PLCs and IO modules of the
Communication via the AtouchX activeX object
This document amends the trade-technical information to the AMiT AtouchX
communication drivers. The complex information to the AtouchX
driver is provided by the AMiT
The communication with the AMiT
, etc.) can be carried out by methods:
- serial link RS232 or RS485
- Phone modem (up to 255 subscribers, Amit HW can also dial telephone numbers)
- LAN network (Ethernet) - checked that it is 5-times quicker than over the RS485 with the 38400 Bd speed rate.
All 4 types of the connection are supported by only one AtouchX
communication driver that was developed by the AMiT
company. The AtouchX
is supplied as the ActiveX
The PROMOTIC system accesses the AtouchX driver by the PmActiveX object. This object accesses calling the AtouchX methods and captures its events.
Basic information and examples of AtouchX
driver usage in the PROMOTIC system:
The AtouchX is available on the https://amitomation.cz, where free download is possible.
Usage of the PmActiveX object is bound to the purchase of the PmActiveX license in the application. With the freeware version PmFree, or when developing the application (with development environment for tersting purposes), this component is always functional.
Communication with the IO modues by the AMiT company
For example the following modules: DMM-DI24
The remote I/O modules by the AMiT company can be accessed from the PROMOTIC system by two ways:
- With the modules of the DMM-xx
line it is possible to communicate via the Modbus RTU
protocol. For this communication in the PROMOTIC system can be used: PmModbusMr - Driver for communication by the Modbus Master protocol
- For easy integration of this driver into the application it is handy to use:
- For this driver, it is recommended to set the configurators:
- "Data item address"
then enter as follows:
- The digital inputs (DI) usually star at address 0 and are in the area "Bi = Input bits".
- The digital outputs (DO) usually star at address 0 and are in the area "Bo = Coil/output bits".
- Analog inputs (AI) usually star at address 0 and are in the area "Ri = Input registers".
- The digital input counters usually start at address 0 and are in the area "Ro = Holding/output registers".
- For communication of the PROMOTIC application with the modules of the DMM-xx
line via the ARION
protocol the AMiT
company provides the ArionX
activeX object. This object can be used in the PROMOTIC system.
We strongly recommend using the Modbus protocol communication, because the ArionX activeX object interface is quite comlicated.