Possibilities of communication with PLC devices SAIA
by the Saia-Burgess Controls
The standard solution for communication with PLC devices SAIA
is to use the PROMOTIC driver:
This driver communicates via the computer's serial port or via Ethernet (i.e. "Serial-S-Net" or "Ether-S-Net" communication type).
For easy integration of this driver into the application it is handy to use: Preconfiguration "PmSBUS - PLC SAIA - Communication set with data and panel"
For communication of the PROMOTIC application can also be used an OPC server
from other firms - see Communication by OPC interface
. Then the PROMOTIC application will communicate as a client by the OPC interface
- PCS1: compact, max. transfer rate of 38400 kB, Ethernet not supported,
- PCD1: max. transfer rate of 38400 kB, Ethernet supporetd
- PCD2: max. transfer rate of 38400 kB, for PCD2.M480 up to 115200 kB, Ethernet supported
- PCD3: max. transfer rate of 115200 kB, Ethernet supported
- PCD4: out of production
- On Ethernet network (Ether-S-Net) the S-Bus protocol is not sent with the full network speed - but about 2-times faster than the fastest serial link.
- For the Profi-S-Net
communication type (S-Bus
packed to PROFIBUS
) the Promotic driver for Ethernet can be used in cooperation with HW Profi-S-Link
- Other communication options (Modbus
, etc.) can be used also, but the S-Bus
protocol is the best for vizualization.