Development environment PROMOTIC
The development environment is used to create PROMOTIC application.
The development environment is a program in the PROMOTIC system that is located:
The whole development environment is optimized for mouse control, but it can also be controlled by keyboard.
The development environment consists of multiple editors:
Pma objects editor
This is the editor of tree structure of application basic objects (so-called the Pma object
s), their settings, definition of algorithms, etc.
The tree structure is created in the tree of Pma objects
(the window on the left). For setting individual Pma object
s (their functionality, definition of algorithms) the Objects definition window
(the window on the right).
The tabs in the of the development environment window header can be used to open additional editors of Pma
objects in order to work with multiple Pma
objects simultaneously. If the same Pma
object is open in multiple tabs then it can be edited only in one tab and in the others the object content is read-only.
- Pma object preconfigurations
- Basic control of Pma objects editor
- Menu and toolbar of the development environment
- "User description" window
The development environment contains multiple additional editors and tools. These are for example:
- and many others
: Added functionality of editing multiple Pma
objects simultaneously by means of tabs in the of the development environment.
- In the object configuartion window, there is an object path indicated on the up. Clicking this path can be used to navigate to any other object. This way it is possible to switch between object easily.
- Editing by keyboard (without mouse) is now supported: After pressing the Alt key shows the shortcut letters for each configurator and after pressing the letter the focus is moved to the selected configurator. The concept of such letter is hiearachic, i.e. some letter may represent a set of configurators and after pressing such letter another letters are indicated for sub-configurators. This way it is possible to move around quickly while designing an application.
- The "Object accessible via variable
" configurator is now considered obsolete and therefore it is hidden in new apps and in applications that did not use it.
: Development environment PROMOTIC now remebers (in Promotic.ini
file) 10 last edited projects. If you run the Promotic.exe
program, then the last edited projects will be listed at launch for selection.