After installing the PROMOTIC system on the target computer and after inserting the USB licence key into the port the key lights up (this applies to normal standard keys). In the Web browser at address
1. The application cannot load the licence from HW KeyThe cause may be:
c) Error in the application ini file in the "Licence" section
c) The application (in the PROMOTIC 9 version) is launched in the development environment but the HW Key contains the runtime licence.
The correct settings for launching the application are set by the PmManager
program by the configurators in the "Tools and settings > Basic settings
2. Application on a virtual computer
There are several options depending on the availability of the USB port for the virtual computer
and also on the administration of such computer (RDP
protocol or other).
a) Options if the HW Key is connected into the USB port of the host device and made available for the USB of the virtual computer.
a1) The key may contain a runtime licence, but there may be a problem launching the application, because the application (due to RDP access or other reasons) may not have access rights to the USB port.
It always has these rights if it is running as a service in Windows. But in this case, the application is without a graphic interface.
b) The USB Port is not available for the virtual computer.
3. Older working application transferred to a new computer.
It is necessary to detect the PROMOTIC version in which the application is running. Then according to the compressibility table
find out whether the version can run on the installed version of Windows OS
a) If this assumption is met, then the appropriate PROMOTIC version will be installed on the target machine. and the appropriate driver from https://www.promotic.eu/en/promotic/download/download.htm
. The application and any additional components required to run the application are copied (database, communication drivers, ...).
c) If the application is being transferred to a virtual computer
, then it must meet the requirement 3a
, but it may also be possible to change the licensing method according to 2
4. The runtime licence still cannot be loadedPossible causes:
- The application is being launched by the remote desctop with the RDP
- The application (in version PROMOTIC 9) tries to run into development environment instead of runtime
- HW Key driver is not working
- Error in the application ini file in the "Licence" section
- The temporary licence was issued with a time limit that has expired
The licence is contained in the HW Key:
1) Determine the functionality of the HW Key driver.
The licence is provided by the licence server:
3) Run the Demo
application (or other small size application) and see in the INFO system
on the "SYSTEM > Licences
" tab if the licence is loaded. If yes (the four digit licence number is listed in the "Licence number"
entry), then it is necessary to look for an error in the settings of the application itself.
The licence is bound to Windows OS:
1) Check the functionality of the licence server at the addresses (in PROMOTIC 9 version) http://ipserveru:5656/info.html
. The installation and commissioning procedure is described in the documentation for the corresponding PROMOTIC version. See PmLicServer licence server
2) The licence was working but failed after some time.
This can be caused by a time limitation set in the licence or by an update, upgrade or migration of a virtual computer running the Windows OS
, that have caused changes in the OS identification.
A new valid licence must be generated SwLicWithWIN
(this service may incur a fee).