is storing values of selected variables with a time stamp into memory and to disk of the computer (this is done by the PmaTrendGroup
object). These values can be consequentially displayed in a graphic or table form as time flows of these variables (this is done by the PmgTrendViewer
object) or kept for the next analyses.
object serves for both historical (to disk) and memory trends (only in computer memory). The trend server is the PROMOTIC application in which one or more PmaTrendGroup
objects are used. Each PmaTrendGroup
object represents a group on the trend server that is unambiguously identified by the Group ID identifier
For the detailed description of creating trends see PROMOTIC Coursebook
- chapter Trends
- Client/server architecture.
- Backup system of storing to disk or into a recurrent file. The size (specified by time or number of lines) of one backup file and the number of these backup files is defined at the backup system. The oldest backup is deleted after the number of backups is reached and a new backup is created.
- "Caching" into memory on the server. Defined data sector is stored into memory in parallel in the process of storing to disk (historical trends). When processing current queries by the server, it needn't query data on the disk. It is the substantial acceleration of data query transactions.
- Server can be a Web component
and it can provide data into the Internet/Intranet in the XML and HTML format.
- Server can be asked (independently on a viewer) for a data set. At a data query it is possible to enter filter conditions
that limit the asked data set. See for example the PmaTrendGroup.GetData
method. This method also allows to statistically evaluate the data (average, minimum, maximum, sum, count)
- The server data can be exported (browser independently) into a text
file saved on the computers disk, using for example the *.csv
format. See PmaTrendGroup.SaveToFile
- The trend server supports the change-optimalized data storage, i.e. the values can be stored only after defined changes occured. See the "Enable saving of variables on change
- Data stored by the server can be consequently edited backwards and error values can be corrected by the PmaTrendGroup.SetValueByTime
- It is possible to configure and set parameter prints
on the server and the client by HTML pages. Pre-configured printer HTML pages are supplied with PROMOTIC and they can be arbitrary modified. It is possible to print, for example, by the PmgTrendViewer.SaveToHtm
method either in a graphic or in table form.
- Client (viewer) is the PmgTrendViewer object
. It displays data in the graph or table form. The viewer can be located either in the panel of the PROMOTIC system or in the Web browser. The viewer views data continuously and independently on how the backup files were created. Any 3rd party application
(for example HTML pages) can be the client that will process data provided by the server for example into the Internet by Web services. The way of the view - the graphic view
in the form of 2D or 3D view with a potential for multi-level color diversity of marginal values
or the table view
with a potential for color diversity of marginal values. See: PmgTrendViewer.ViewMode
- Interactive viewing the variable flows by the mouse - scrolling and zooming by dragging the mouse.
- In the viewer it is possible to create configuration files
(XML format) where it is possible to store the current settings of the viewer. It goes first of all about saving the list of viewed variables and their configuration but it is possible even to save the graphic appearance of the viewer. By creating several such groups it is then possible very easy to switch the viewer between these groups and so to view flows of logically joint variables. See: Configuration trend files