Communication with Landis&Gyr regulators
PRV1 by means of the PmChar
communication driver with test panel.
This preconfiguration can be activated when creating a new object (e.g. by "New object ..."
in the local object menu or by pressing the Insert
key after selecting the object) and is included in the group: "/ Communication / Protocols and other communications / DALI"
This preconfiguration can be created in the object: PmaFolder
The preconfiguration creates an object of the PmaFolder
type containing PmaComm
object with PmaCommMsg
subobjects and following objects: PmaPanel
Setting and programming of PRV2
is the matter of the programmer of Landis&Gyr
who should inform about the configuration of PRV2
by individual modules including addresses and structures of variables defined by him.
It is possible to query these modules and structures by the standard commands (see examples), for example:
$xxx.HW - query to the value of the module parameter at address xxx
$xxx.SB - query to the binary value of the module parameter at address xxx
- Test examples will function only when addesses are correctly modified according to setting PRV2
- Writing of values needs to be done only to parameters (addresses) and structures that are meant for it
- Any wrong writing into the memory PRV2 is very risky and it can cause overwriting of the program in PRV2 !!!
- In the case of a wrong syntax, the device returns the error 08H character.
- The data item itself can be read from the received data, for example, by the PmaCommMsg.ReadVars
These configurators can be set before the preconfiguration is created:
|The name of created object||Name of the object created in the tree of Pma objects. The maximum name length is 30 characters. This is a system name, so it must contain only alphanumeric and must not contain any diacritics (i.e. national dependent chars), empty string, spaces and the first character must not be a number.
|Serial port||Selection of the communication serial port.
The value can be change by the OpenPort method.
The value can be detected by method GetProtParam("SerPort").
After the preconfiguration is created, the "PmaComm > Setting the parameters of the serial link > Serial port" configurator will be set to this value.
- The object is not connected to any port after starting the application and the serial port can be selected dynamically by the algorithm (by the PmaComm.OpenPort
COM1, COM2,..,COM66 - The specified serial port is opened after starting the application. This port must be correctly configured and accessible in Windows OS (no one can use it).
For serial link each PmaComm object must have defined another communication port. For example, if one PmaComm object communicates through COM1, then next PmaComm object can communicate for example through COM2 (COM3, ...) but it mustn't communicate through COM1.