component allows to edit and develop the application
without the necessity of using independent development HW key
This component is handy when it is necessary to edit the application while using the development key is not physicaly possible. Such situation is frequent when:
- the application is being tuned remotely, the designer is connected remotely to the computer (e.g. with VPN, etc.) and therefore it is impossible to change the runtime key for development for the modifications to be done and then returning the runtime key back to the remote computer.
- the designer does not want to use his own development key.
- the designer wants to allow the enduser to edit the application.
Limitation of development environment
as for the PmDevForRtcomponent
- In the development environment only the selected components can be used, that are contained in the corresponding runtime license
- This development environment is inseparably connected with the corresponding runtime license.
The runtime key with PmDevForRt
is acting like a normal runtime key
under normal conditions. It means that when the application is launched it goes into runtime mode. When stopped the application does not go into the development mode, but it terminates like a normal application with runtime key.
Switching to development mode is possible only at application startup while holding the Shift key. If the application is launched into runtime from the development environment and then stopped, then it does not return to development environment, but it terminates (like usual runtime application).
While using this component we strongly recommend
, to set the application to password for application editing
. This allows to secure the application from being edited by unauthorized personell, or from switching automaticaly to development mode after pressing the Shift
key randomly during the startup.
component can be obtained only as an extension for existing or new PROMOTIC Runtime license