Unique user number (PmUserNumber)
A unique user number serves for a security increase
of the PROMOTIC system application from unauthorized editing, viewing or starting
(see The authorization of editing the application
). Then the application can be started or edited only with the particular licence key
(or group of licence keys).
The unique user number is "burned" into the particular licence key (or group of licence keys).
- In the runtime environment
(in the running application) it is possible to read a unique user number (or a number of the licence key - it is indicated on the key label and it is also unique) by the Pm.LicenceInfo
method. By information from this property the designer can optionally "encode" the access to the selected PROMOTIC components or even to the whole application (see example in the Pm.LicenceInfo
Conditions for the unique user number registration:
- The Unique user number is a number that is granted the end user to his request by the provider - MICROSYS, spol. s r.o. company.
- The provider records each granted user number.
- This number is unique for the end user who asked for it. The provider (MICROSYS, spol. s r.o. company) backs the grant of the particular user number to single user.
- The end user can ask for a grant of more numbers.
No fee is paid for granting the user number. The fee is paid per the runtime licence PmUserNumber for the particular application.
A request to burn the user number is stated by the end user in the order for burning the licence key licence. If the end user has been granted multiple user numbers, then it is necessary to state in the order which user number he requests to burn into the licence key.