Software system PROMOTIC ИЗМЕРЕНИЕ
is a multi-purpose configurable application
that provides automated reading and processing of data from energy meters (тепло, вода, газ, электричество
и т.д.) of various brands. The communication with meters uses standard protocols (M-BUS
, M-BUS Ethernet
Количевсиво meters connected to the system is not limited. Authorized personnel can add meters and edit their parameters (meter type, addresses, и т.д.). Overview graphic cścreens indicate the staus of all meters and it is also possible to see details of selected meter.
The system executes archiving and evaluation of consumption of energy in defined time-range (day, месяц, год, other time period). The system can also экспорт the data into MS Excel files or into enterprise databases (SAP, Chastia, и т.д.) - as source data for invoicing.
The system architecture is built on клиент-сервер platform
A) The communication, data and Web server (with visualization) provides:
- data reading
from energy meters by standard protocols: M-BUS
, и т.д...
- archiving of measured values into standard database
- visualization of technology для Web clients by dynamic HTML pages
B) Visualization Web clients allow inspectional visualization of all data gathered from meters and provide output reports and summary overviews of energy consumption in defined time-range.
- Visualization station works as so-called a "thin Web client" (using only Web a browser, напр. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, InternetExplorer и т.д..). The main advantage of such solution is the fact that no special software needs to be installed on the client stations, only a Web browser is needed.
- The client station can therefore be represented by a classic PC or by a tablet, smartphone и т.д. This approach also makes the clients platform independent (Windows, Android, iOS, Linux и т.д.). For this functionality there must obviously be a working TCP/IP connectivity between the server and the visualization stations.
Коммуникация with energy meters
The communication with energy meters usually uses M-BUS
или M-BUS Ethernet
protocol. Meter addresses can be entered either as direct
(meter адрес on M-BUS link) или as so-called a secondary address
(usually represented by the meter serial number). The latter approach is handy especially if a failed meter is replaced by another. The reading period (frequency, time) can be defined
in the configuration file.
Examples of data gathered from meters:
- total energy (in GJ) (total meter counter value)
- total volume (in cubic meters) (total meter counter value)
- current output (kW/hour), current flow [m3/hour)
- meter type, measured medium type, secondary адрес (serial number)
- температура in, температура out, температура difference
- counter status (impulse inputs, напр. from water meter), error messages
(time) can be defined globally
for all groups or independently
for each group. The reading time can be entered as:
- a specific time for each day in a month
- daily the same time
- every hour the same minute
of all meters is indicated on the overview visualization screen and it is also possible to display detailed information
of each selected meter.
- The topological overview (map) of heat meters with color indication of meter status (communication OK, malfunction, disconnected, и т.д.).
- Overview screen with table view of meter status, counters, last read time and other data read from meters. Possibility to display real time data from selected meter - the data is read from meter.
- Graphic overview measured values time progression (trends): daily heat consumption, volume, temperature см.
- Overview screens with summarized reports (daily, monthly consumption)
- Тревога system - detection and indication of communication malfunction
Количевсиво meters connected to the system is not limited
(249 meters can be defined in one group, number of groups is not limited). Authorized personnel can add
счетчики into the sytem и edit
parameters (meter type, name of measured locality, meter адрес и т.д.). Once the application is launched all the parameters are read from configuration files
, then the system automatically establishes connection with defined meters and data reading. The system also provides initial identification of meters
that are connected in each group (so-called initialization mode). Meter parameters that are read are then saved into initialization files. Additional parameters
can be then added by system administrator:
- meter type
- name of measured locality
- device serial number
- meter адрес (on M-BUS link)
- unit (kW,…), multiplication constant for recalculation, и т.д.
- The system can define 2 types of users:
- On the PC station of the сервер type, it is possible to execute all operations corresponding to the permissions level of user. The Web interface (PC Web client) allows to execute complete processing of protocols and overviewing database data. Modification of data in configuration database tables and system parametrization can be done only on PC of the сервер type.
- Access to administrator functions of the system is protected by access rights.
Archiving and evaluation of measured data
The system archives measured data into standard
database format (напр. Access
, MS SQL
- as needed). The system also provides evaluation of consumption
of energy in defined time-range
(day, месяц, год, user defined range). Consumption evaluation is done for each meter
individually or for groups of meters as group summary
- defined groups of meters (напр. for boiler room, heating circle, и т.д.)
- defined consumers, customers
Assigning of meters to summary group is defined in configuration
file that is loaded by the application while being launched.
The system can also provide data exports
into files MS Excel
that can be used as source data for invoicing. Individual daily consumption data is saved in the file. The format of exported data can be adapted as needed.
SCADA software PROMOTIC
The application for meter data reading has been created in SCADA
software PROMOTIC. This software tool can be used to design both simple and complex monitoring systems that can be interconnected with enterprise IS, databases, Internet
, и т.д. In the PROMOTIC system there are bult-in standard software interfaces
for data exchange between technological processes and other devices or systems:
- database access using ODBC, DAO, SQL
- connectivity TCP/IP, HTTP, XML, OPC, DDE, ActiveX
- large library of communication drivers
The software can be used in a wide variety of technologies. It provides real time overviews
indicating status of all connected meters, executes evaluation and archiving
of energy consumption in defined time-range. It is a multi-purpose
and highly configurable system that can read data from various meters. It can be extended by adding счетчики without the need to modify the application source code. The user can also экспорт
measured data into MS Excel
files. The system can also be extended in order to read consumption of additional media
: электричество, газ, и т.д.. The system is open for interconnection with other systems e.g. the enterprise IS
where the data can be transmitted.
Application references:Measurement and evaluation of energy consumption of Gemini B building Prague - ENBRA a.s
- 200 meters of heat, water, electricity
Dalkia Poprad a.s.
- экспорт of data into MS Excel
и IS Chastia
(source data for invoicing)
Ecological heatin in the city of Kašperské Hory
- automated reading, monthly and yearly heat consumption evaluation
- online metering, data archiving, rendering trends
Heat dispatching centre - Czech Railways, Ostrava
- 21 heat meters (Sonoheat)
- online metering, monitoring and regulation of exchange stations and boiler rooms