error in 'SetPromoticSite'

This is the main technical forum for discussing problems that were encountered by users while developing PROMOTIC applications, and their possible solutions.

error in 'SetPromoticSite'

Postby jjimeneznieves » Wed 17. Apr 2013 18:37:49

Hello!

My name's Jaime.

I'm trying to develop a PmPanel (Trends and Viewer). When I run the application, it appears the next errors:

Trdvw: Error in 'SetPromoticSite'
Trdvw: InitializeServerConnectionLocal

Where is the problem?

Thank you very much.
jjimeneznieves

Re: error in 'SetPromoticSite'

Postby Tomáš Bräuer » Thu 18. Apr 2013 8:24:28

Hi Jaime!

I was trying unsuccesfully to reproduce the error. Our code which makes the error is pretty straightforward and the cause of the error will be either in the rest of application or in PROMOTIC installation.

The easiest way to test whether your installation of PROMOTIC is correct would be running our DEMO in Examples. If there is no such an error, then the problem is in application itself. Otherwise it is a problem of installation.

You can test the application also in the following way:
Either remove all PmTrend objects (temporarily) or ensure that they are setup correctly.
TrendView is an ActiveX control and must be of the same version as the rest of PROMOTIC system. The easiest way to ensure, that correct TrendView is registered in Windows is to run the c:\pm\pmreg.bat command file as an Administrator with elevated rights.

If you are unable to find solution yourself, the easiest for both of us would be sending me your test application by email or append it as an appendix to the topic in this forum.
The PRA file itself will do nicely. Better to zip or rar it, to make it smaller.
Tomáš Bräuer
Administrátor

Re: error in 'SetPromoticSite'

Postby jjimeneznieves » Fri 19. Apr 2013 14:29:52

Hi, Tomáš Bräuer

Thank you very much for your help.

I've reinstalled Promotic and now it run perfectly.
jjimeneznieves

Return to I don't know how to...