In the previous steps you've created the static and visual part of the application. The application is started (i.e. switched from the development
environment) from the application editor.
You can choose from the following walkthroughs:
- click the mouse on the icon "green triangle" in the toolbar or
- press the Ctrl-B keys together.
Both power and temperature indicators show zero because there is no value written into those variables. You can use the slider control in order to increase/decrease the displayed value. The value of power can also be modified by text inputbox: mouse doubleclick the power text field and activate the edit mode (the text field background becomes yellow), enter the desired value and press Enter
Using an INFO system
It can happen (probably in more complex applications than this one is) that something in the application behaves differently than you intended. For example the value of the indicated value in text box does not change even if you are changing the position of the slider. It would be very handy to see what is the real current value of the "Power"
variable and whether some error occured.
Exactly for this purpose, the so called INFO system
is used in the PROMOTIC system. It is a window allowing you to look inside the running application. This window can be opened by clicking on the "Info" icon in the toolbar, or by pressing the Ctrl-I
keys. The INFO system window consists of three parts:
On the left
there is a tree of INFO items. For example:
- here you can find all errors that have been detected by the system in the running application.
- here you can find some global system information, for example the application launch time, the PROMOTIC system version and many others.
- the root of information tree desribing the PROMOTIC objects can be found here. By sequential expansion of these objects (like in the application editor) you can go inside untill you reach the "Data"
object and there you can see the values of its variables "Power"
In the middle
of the INFO window there are pages displaying the desired information.
On the right
there is a set of INFO system control items. The "Refresh"
button can trigger data refresh on the active page. It is very handy to use the autorefresh function of the INFO system that is activated by pressing the "Start"
Stopping the application
If you have studied the INFO system and checked the desired information, then you can close its window. The whole application can be stopped by clicking the Stop
icon in the toolbar or by pressing Ctrl+S