Analog alarming of variables
Setup of analog alarming of a variable by using the data extension:
- Go to the Data
page in the "BoilerPlant/Boiler1/Data
- Select the variable: "Temperature". Open the configuration window of this variable (by the Edit button or doubleclick)
- Create a new data extension by the "Add" button and select: ExtAlarmAnalog
- In the "Target object (PmAlarmEvent)
" configurator use the button marked with three fullstops and select the previously created PmAlarmEvent object (the path to the object is "/BoilerPlant/Boiler1/Alarms
- In the Alarm template
configurator use the button marked with three fullstops and select the automatically created alarm template named alarm0
- In the Source
configurator enter the "Temperature of boiler no. 1"
- Enable the checking of all limits (1. and 2. lower limit and 1. and 2. upper limit).
- For all limits enter for example the following values:
upper 2. Limit = 95
upper 1. Limit = 90
lower 1. Limit = 10
lower 2. Limit = 5
You have just configured the application to automatically check the value of the boiler temperature for exceeding the defined limits and once the limits are crossed the alarm is triggered.