PROMOTIC installation medium (further InstallAppPromotic
) is an installation package of the PROMOTIC system, PROMOTIC application (project) and additional programs and settings. The source may be the PROMOTIC installation flash disk supplied by the MICROSYS company or the PROMOTIC installation file downloaded from the web complemented by the application (project).
1. Create folder, for example InstallAppPromotic. Copy the PROMOTIC installation file Promotic8xxyy.msi there
2. Copy the folder with saved application project, for example Energ into that folder.
3. Create file, for example RunAppPm.reg, that will write values into system registry in order to launch the application on OS Windows boot. Locate the file into the InstallAppPromotic folder.
4. Create a command file InstallAppPromotic.cmd, that will execute the PROMOTIC system installation, copy the application project to the target disk and import the contents of the RunAppPm.reg file into OS Windows registry. Place the file to the same level as the InstallAppPromotic folder.
5. Move this application-installation project to an appropriate distribution medium.
An example of RunAppPm.reg file content.:
The name of launched application file is Energ.pra
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
An example of InstallAppPromotic.cmd command file content.:
The command file will execute:
- PROMOTIC system installation
- copying of the Energ project into the Proj folder located on c:\
- import of RunAppPm.reg file content into the system registry, in oreder to let the application launch on OS Windows boot
rem XXXXXXXXXXXXX Instalation PROMOTIC system XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
rem START "Instalation PROMOTIC" ".\InstallAppPromotic\Promotic80200.msi" /quiet
START "Instalation PROMOTIC" ".\InstallAppPromotic\Promotic80200.msi"
rem XXXXXXXXXXXXX Copy Folders project PROMOTIC application XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
rem options /S = Copy folders and subfolders, The /I defines the destination as a folder.
Xcopy ".\InstallAppPromotic\Energ\*.*" "c:\Proj\Energ" /S /I
rem XXXXXXXXXXXXX Import to Registry (Run application with Start Windows)XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
REGEDIT /S .\InstallAppPromotic\RunAppPm.reg